Trusted by some of Australia’s largest commercial gyms, elite sports clubs and strength and conditioning facilities, AlphaFit has set the standard for premium fit for purpose exercise equipment. Our dedicated team are passionate about our brand, our products and the exciting plans we have ahead for our evolving company. If you are motivated, talented and a creative thinker looking to make a difference, we’d love to meet you.
We currently have ONE opportunity open: Graphic Designer
We’re in an exciting period of growth at AlphaFit and are on the hunt for an ambitious individual to join our expanding marketing team in a full-time capacity. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for bringing our brand to life through creative and forward-thinking designs across print and digital platforms.
This integral multi-disciplined role requires the ability to comprehend customer needs and business objectives, to create assets that boost brand awareness, product insight and value. As Graphic Designer you will assist the marketing and sales teams with the execution of promotional content through the use of graphic design and marketing programs. The successful candidate must be able to work full-time, Monday to Friday, at our Molendinar office.
Job Tasks & Responsibilities
- Development of a wide range of creative content including but not limited to; catalogues, price lists, EDMs, product packaging, custom branded equipment (eg. bumper plates), assembly guides, sales aids, internal documents/templates, expo/trade show collateral, signage, apparel and merchandise, social media posts, website updates, animated GIFs/stickers, sponsorship deliverables, ad hoc digital and print advertising.
- Lead and manage updates to existing collateral to ensure content is always up to date and on-brand.
- Maintain a personal work schedule in our task management software: Asana and Teams.
- Assist in refining and developing the marketing strategy with the Marketing Manager.
- Support marketing team organisation and efficiency, working together to ensure all tasks are delivered in full and on time – ready to be reactive as required.
- Liaise with key internal and external stakeholders to present ideas and ensure a constant high quality of work output.
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are consistently visually appealing and on-brand across all business marketing.
- Use your problem-solving skills to work in collaboration with the marketing, sales and engineering teams to create better user experience for our customers across all touchpoints.
- Regularly identify new areas for learning; create and take advantage of opportunities to upskill and use newly gained knowledge on the job.
Qualifications & Experience
- A proven track record in graphic design with a strong portfolio
- A tertiary qualification in Graphic Design or similar is preferred. 3+ years of demonstrated ‘real world’ / industry experience is essential.
- Advanced knowledge in the Adobe Creative Cloud; especially InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Premier Pro or After Effects is a bonus.
- Strong conceptual skills plus a high-level sense of design, layout and typography.
- Experience with pre-press printing setup: file types, image sizes and resolution, colour accuracy, bleed and crop marks, stock selection, document imposition etc.
- Basic copywriting and proofreading skills; particularly important when preparing and proofing designs for print or digital release.
- Exceptional communication skills including confidence to present and explain ideas to colleagues and stakeholders.
- Experience developing and working within branding guidelines.
- A diplomatic approach if ideas or designs are rejected; or when given constructive feedback.
- Ability to manage your own workload, multi-task, take initiative and work to deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve to achieve results when faced with limited guidance.
- Competent at using e-commerce systems including Neto/Maropost and Wordpress.
- Experience within online platforms including Active Campaign, Issuu, Later, Vimeo and other social media systems preferred.
- Discretion and honesty; particularly when working with confidential information.
- Photography and videography experience (shooting or editing) is a bonus.
- Interest in the fitness industry and passion for our brand is essential.
Benefits & Perks:
- Positive company culture that celebrates both personal and company milestones.
- Early workdays so you can make the most of your afternoons (7:30am-3:30pm).
- Quarterly team social events.
- Doughnuts on your birthday.
- Access to our on-site gym for your own training before and after work.
- Generous staff discount across all AlphaFit branded products.
If the above sounds like your jam, apply with a personalised cover letter, your CV and portfolio in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to give us some insight to your personality and passions – make yourself stand out from the rest. Good luck! Please note, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.