We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to review our updated terms.
What we collect
We will not collect personal information that would be unlawful, unnecessary or unrelated to our business.
We may collect, hold and use your information for a range of different purposes, including
- to provide services and products to you, to provide you with information about those services or products, to assist you with enquiries, or to provide you with better services or products;
- to coordinate and/or communicate with you;
- to improve or develop services, products, or to perform research and analysis.
- to fulfil regulatory and legislative requirements, as required by law; and
- to administer and manage the services AlphaFit provides to you, to charge and bill you for them, and to collect any amounts you may owe AlphaFit.
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title;
- contact information including email address;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- your intended use of our products and/or services; and
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- as required or authorised by law, including to law enforcement and national security agencies, and other government and regulatory authorities
- to third parties who assist AlphaFit to manage or develop AlphaFit's business; or
- for the purposes of facilitating or implementing a transfer/sale of all or part of AlphaFit's assets or business
We may disclose your information as required or authorised by law, including to law enforcement and national security agencies, and other government and regulatory authorities, or to third parties who assist us to manage or develop our business. We do not intend to disclose your information to third parties outside of Australia.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we use a combination of technical solutions, security controls and internal processes protect your information from unauthorised access and disclosure.
While we take these steps to maintain the security of your information, you should be aware of the range of information security risks that exist today and take appropriate care to help safeguard your own information.
We will not disclose your personal information to overseas entities unless you expressly advise us to, apart from the offsite storage of our information or to the extent that it is necessary or desirable to make such disclosure to obtain payment of money owed to us.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
AlphFit is fully compliant with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and we will not send you promotional material if you do not want it sent to you. AlphaFit will not forward your email address to any third parties without your express permission.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. In this Website, any frames, links or other references to other websites, persons or information are produced solely for convenience. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Those references are not an endorsement of those parties or their products or services. We are making a ‘recommendation’ only and are not providing any advice nor do we take any responsibility for any advice received in this regard. We do not warrant the accuracy or suitability of any information contained in this or any other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes; or
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you consent.
If you wish to access any of your personal information that we hold or would like to correct any errors in that information, please contact us using the contact details set out at the contact page.
You may also use these contact details to notify us of any privacy complaint you have against AlphaFit, including if you think that AlphaFit has failed to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP).
We will investigate any complaints received in writing and endeavour to respond to your complaint within 14 days of receipt of the complaint.
While AlphaFit will use its best endeavours to address any complaint that you may have, if you are unsatisfied in the manner in which we deal with your complaint, you may also be able to lodge a complaint with a relevant regulator such as the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au)
About this Policy
This policy has been issued by AlphaFit, effective as at 3rd of September 2021. From time to time, AlphaFit may need to change this policy.
AlphaFit will post the updated version here and it will apply to all of your information held by AlphaFit at the time.
If you would like to complain about a breach of the APP, you may contact our Privacy Officer by emailing email@example.com or telephone 0755744975 and ask to speak to our Privacy Officer.